Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wednesday Progress: Creative Play




This started out as creative play and has turned into a pillow for my great niece. Just needs hand sewing to close up the edge and I'll be finished!

I've been trying to get a handle on my mountain of scraps. After tiring of cutting them into strips and squares, I had a different idea. I ironed Transweb fusible onto them and drew out template shapes on paper side. I cut and collected quite a few for creative playtime. 


I had fun designing this flower/ferris wheel---I can't decide what it is!  I put decorative edge stitching on before placing the next layer of elements. 




I thought mixing up the thread colors added a bit of interest too!  I used lots of low volume text prints on front and back. The little lady is quite the avid reader now and I know she will enjoy learning new words looking at her pretty pillow. 

I will be sharing at WIP Wednesday and Finish Up Friday this week. 

No comments: