These beat up old chairs practically called out my name at the local flea market. They reminded me of the weathered chairs on the fishing pier where we would go crabbing in my younger days. No price tag though.... so I offered $5 each and the deal was done! They were sprayed with the same Storm System "Lake Winnepeg" blue stain used on our DIY bahama shutter project (saving that for another post later). This is the perfect blue !!
I had this outdoor chair cushion and decided to make a custom fit bottom cushion for my chairs. I simply measured the width and cut the cushions but kept the original outdoor type fabric on them. I made at pillowcase type of slipcover out of decorator weight fabric and just folded under the excess. I like the fact that the cover can be easily removed to wash like a pillowcase and the actual cushion remains encased in the weather proof brown fabric.
I will be participating in these linky parties this week: