Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Weathered deck chairs transformed with blue stain and fabric slipcover


These beat up old chairs practically called out my name at the local flea market.  They reminded me of the weathered chairs on the fishing pier where we would go crabbing in my younger days.  No price tag though.... so I offered $5 each and the deal was done!  They were sprayed with the same Storm System "Lake Winnepeg" blue stain used on our DIY bahama shutter project (saving that for another post later).  This is the perfect blue !!






I had this outdoor chair cushion and decided to make a custom fit bottom cushion for my chairs.  I simply measured the width and cut the cushions but kept the original outdoor type fabric on them. I made at pillowcase type of slipcover out of decorator weight fabric and just folded under the excess.  I like the fact that the cover can be easily removed to wash like a pillowcase and the actual cushion remains encased in the weather proof brown fabric.






I will be participating in these linky parties this week:

shabby creek cottage

Beyond The Picket FenceFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


5 comments:

Kim said...

love this too!

Just an FYI that your email is not visible when you leave a comment. If you want to change that go into settings and change it under your blogger settings. Just add your email and allow it and then it will show up when you comment.

Calypso In The Country said...

Wow - that is quite a transformation! Love the color!
-shelley

Unknown said...

These turned out wonderful! Great work ... I'm going to have to pin these! - Jacque @theDIYvillage

Pamela said...

What a great makeover! Thanx for linking up to THT!

Catherine Elizabeth Creations said...

These turned out great! I love the beachy feel that they have! Great job! :)