Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Monday, November 7, 2011

My own design: Modern Retro Baby Quilt


blocks on flannel design wall





















Modern Retro Baby Quilt
madebycasandra@gmail.com
I designed this baby quilt using my quilt design wall in my sewing room.  Auditioned many different gingham fabric squares before deciding upon this arrangement, then added these 4 patch circles that had been sitting on my fabric stash shelves waiting to be rediscovered.  All of my vintage gingham has a very soft feel to it because it is a polyester cotton blend.  The 4 patch circles are new 100% cotton prints produced using old designs from 1930s era. I really like the combination of these retro fabrics for a modern yet old fashioned feel. A sort of modern retro baby quilt. Photos show  my freemotion circle quilting stitches. 












This baby quilt will be displayed for sale at upcoming flea market this weekend in southern Louisiana.  If it doesn't sell there, (SOLD! A similar one...) will soon be available on our etsy shop Down South Designs.