Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

All Buttoned Up!

buttoned up tote bag

handmade buttonholes!
madedownsouth.blogspot.com
Love making these big bags and adding vintage buttons.  The dilemma of the week was doing buttonholes on this super thick combination of corduroy and batting. It simply was not going to be possible with my sewing machine.  After some research, I practiced and experimented and really enjoyed playing with different threads.  I changed up the standard  blanket stitch design to give my own buttonhole version a bit more tailored finish.  Here is the final product and I love it!    It sold very quickly so I'll have to make more for our etsy shop.  If anyone needs assistance making a handmade buttonhole, email me and I'll be glad to help you out.


Sharing this at these link parties :  Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special
                                                   At the Picket Fence Inspiration Friday    
                                                   Strictly Homemade Tuesday Linky Party