Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Aqua Star Quilt




I enjoyed making these gigantic aqua stars with my stash of low volume backgrounds to make them shine.  

 
Loving Carolyn Friedlander's Widescreen from Robert Kaufman. I used it to set my stars on point to make them even bigger!   I can't believe I used only 9 blocks to make this Queen size quilt for my daughter. 

Now I'm concentrating on the backside which is pure improv method. Love, love, love putting my stash fabrics together. It's like a private message to my daughter. I can just see her smiling as she looks at it while laying underneath it. 
 


To be continued...

1 comment:

Mareenchen said...

It's looking great. Your daughter will surely love it!