Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Red Cross love quilt

Binding is the finishing stage and that should make me happy right? But, nooooooo, I drag out this phase and tend to delay it as long as possible. Hence, torture followed by pure joy. So I am setting myself a goal for my beloved Red Cross quilt. I want to enter it in Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side. My deadline is May 16th and the size is only 40ish x 50ish so I think I can do this. I will do this. I will do this.

I really don't care for the way my machine quilting turned out. Despite many needle changes, all the stitches look wonky on these white on white background fabrics. Kinda like the needle left a hole punched through the fabric. The quilting lines are not even close to straight but I like to think that lends to the charm of the quilt. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it) My absolute favorite part of the quilt is the hand stitching in the red crosses. I used embroidery floss and big stitches to give it substantial texture.

I have a nice little backstory about this quilt which I will share in the post for the actual quilt entry. Until then, happy stitching!





No comments: