Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Geometric Baby Quilt


Trying out a new series of baby quilts and having lots of fun with different fabrics on my design wall in my new sewing room.  I'm loving using geometric and solid fabrics available in current color options. I'm experimenting with abstract modern style for all those mod baby nurseries.















   I think the skinny lines of quilting stitches are called channel quilting.  The walking foot on my Janome sewing machine was an essential part of accomplishing this look.  I also used a new Frixion marking pen from Pilot to mark guidelines every few inches to keep me on track.   It's a gel erasable pen that disappears when ironed and I love it!!  




I decided to step outside of the box and try a cool look for the back of the quilt.  I just loved those bright colors on the dark brown background.

                                                                                   

I will be sharing at the following link parties this week:

The Shabby Creek Cottage's Transformation Thursday

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That quilting is absolutely gorgeous! I assume you used a walking foot -- do you need the little bar attatchment? I managed to break mine.

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Beautiful! I Love this quilt, great job!