Love the turquoise color popping up in the decorating blogs so I decided to experiment with one of my $3 sale pumpkins. I spray painted with Larkspur Blue and prepared for a voila! moment...but, actually, it looked a bit much. I was in full scale "rescue my project" mode and so I forgot to take photo of the plain blue painted pumpkin. Anyway, I tried toning down its brightness by applying some dark walnut gel stain. Then I just wiped it back off quickly before it dried.
Looked great until it rolled off its drying mount and got a few character marks. But I kinda liked that orange showing through where the paint rubbed off. So, I used my very fine sandpaper to give it even more character all over that punkin. I love happy accidents! Now she's the prettiest punkin in the patch :)
Set up a little vignette on my front porch using flowers, burlap and some old junk. Recently rediscovered this old market cart long forgotten in our attic. Another house moving find was the crusty old watering can I used 20 or so years ago! Gotta love all that rust and character!
Now my front porch is set to welcome visitors. I'll be sharing at the following linky parties this week: